HERE IS A LIST OF COSTUMES AND PROPS YOU MIGHT MAKE OR BRING:
- A copy of the book (we will have copies on hand as well)
- Dress up like Sam – wear purple and orange striped socks, square black rimmed glasses, and an orange toque
- Sam’s pet ‘hamster’ – don’t forget his fangs and wings
- Sam’s book of mythological creatures
- Dress up like, bring a stuffed animal/puppet or make a cutout prop of one of the many mythical creatures (there are so many options – you can always choose more than one)
- Floss (normal size or go big) for your Manticore’s teeth
- Candy corn to shine your Unicorn’s horn
- Mermaid hair brushes
- Coloured streamers for water (Kracken) or fire (Phoenix)
- Signs we can use during our parade – take a quote from the book or create clever ‘protest’ quotes like “Have your hugged a Hippogriff today?!”, “Phoenixes practice fire safety first!”, “Sasquatch have feelings too!”
Of course these are only a few suggestions. We welcome and encourage to use your creativity and imagination! * And we always have extra costumes and props on hand to share in case you forget.
AND DON’T FORGET TO EMAIL US TO REQUEST A READER PART!