Sunday, February 15 StoryMob
by Jan Brett
We are so excited about this StoryMob! This Sunday we want you to have some fun with our story-telling! Sign up for Reader parts:
Take a look at the available parts and email Heather, our Page Master to make your requests. We will save a few parts for surprised Skating Festival participants who would like to join in the fun as well! Even if you don’t want to read a part, come join us for the story and all of the Harbourfront fun anyway!
** We will have copies of the script on hand and also many library copies of “The Mitten” that you can borrow for the event and return to us.
LOCATION – Harbourfront Centre Lakeside Terrace (inside the Bill Boyle Artport)
There is construction in the area right now – but don’t let that keep you away – all you need to know is below:
See a google map for directions here as well
TTC: For those who don’t want to drive downtown:
– take the subway to Union
– then take either the 509 Harbourfront streetcar or the 510 Spadina streetcar.
(Both leave from a little underground platform at Union Station, look for the sign at ticket-paying level & go down those stairs. If I’m remembering correctly, the streetcar takes you through a little tunnel before coming out and traveling along Queens Quay, which is kinda fun!)
– Disembark at the York Street stop
– cross towards the Lake, then turn right, following the Lake going west, to the Harbourfront Centre!
12:30pm Craft Session – Join Carmen, Heather, Sarah and the rest of our fantastic StoryMobs crew for a FREE props-making craft session inside the Lakeside Terrace (inside the Bill Boyle Artport) as part of the HarbourKIDS Skating Festival.
2:00pm Mustering – StoryMobs mustering & rehearsal (inside), culminating in our parade and StoryMob (outside) at 3:00pm.
3:00pm Parade and StoryMob
Volunteers for StoryMob Day
Please email us if you are willing to help us out on StoryMob day. We will give you a simple task that will not prevent you from participating fully in and enjoying the StoryMob.
Prop & Costume Ideas
We encourage you to bring all of your own ideas but if you need some inspiration you can find craft ideas here. Make some at home and join us for our craft session before the event which will be full of supplies, ideas, helpers and variety. Tell us about your preparations via Facebook and Twitter.
To Penguin Canada / Random House and Scholastic Canada for supporting StoryMobs – we’ll have some loot bags for participants after the event! And maybe a raffle for some prize items!
What to Bring:
– Warm Clothes
– Costumes, props, any pre-made items
– The Book: If you are able to join us, it would be great if you could bring along a copy of “The Mitten’. We will do our best to bring library copies with us for you to borrow as well. The story looks so fantastic with many copies of the book. (The board book however, doesn’t have all of the text so you’ll want to find the full version)
– White mittens (if possible)
– Skates if you’d like to skate after